Here are a few tips on how to care for your extensions while exercising. Laced hair is beyond happy to be featuring Mariah Baird (@Mariah_baird), a major #LacedHair babe, women's fitness instructor, owner of Lifting Limits, sponsored athlete, and motivational fitness speaker.
1. Try to avoid pulling or tugging on your hair by putting your your hair into a low ponytail or a braid.
2. If you plan to use a pool, wet your hair and apply conditioner to braid to protect your hair from chlorine and salt water.
3. When securing your hair, it is important to use a scrunchy or a metal free elastic.
4. If you are exercising outside, wear a head wrap or hat to avoid direct sunlight. This will help protect your bonds and will keep your hair from drying out.
5. Once you are finished with your workout routine, wash your hair with extension friendly products that are sulfate-free and paraben-free.